Koraput Coffee’s ‘Ethnic Blend’ is a premium blend of 100% Arabica from the beautiful forest plantations of the Koraput Hills in Odisha, India.
Shade-grown in rich biodiverse ‘coffee gardens’ this wild coffee thrives alongside the mango, jackfruit, citrus and pepper the tribal farmers plant for food and revenue.
This blend will give you “Strong with Punch and Verve”. Flavour notes are lightly fragrant and aromatic, caramel, dark chocolate, and a touch of toasted nuts.
We recommend adding 200ml of hot water to 20g of Ethnic Blend brewing in a traditional Indian Filter or French Press.
Powder to Water ratio
15 gm coffee powder to 200 ml of fresh boiling water If a stronger cup is required, use 20 gm coffee powder in 200ml of fresh boiling water
Procedure for brewing
- Wash the base container of the French Press with hot water
- Remove the lid with the filtering device
- Place 15 gm coffee powder in the container of the French Press and ensure evenness of the bed
- Pour 100 ml of fresh boiling water, out of the 200 ml of fresh boiling water required for brew preparation, in a circular manner into the container and stir with a spoon. Thereafter, pour the remaining 100 ml of fresh boiling water
- Stir and place the lid of the French Press lightly on top of the container such that the mouth of the container is closed to prevent the escape of aromatics
- Allow the coffee to brew for 4 minutes
- Press the plunger attached to the lid gently to the end of the container
- The coffee is ready to be served as “Black”
As the brew is invariably drunk ‘Black’ when prepared on the French Press, we have not indicated the proportion of milk to brew